Illinois Woman Facing Drug Charges after Traffic Stop
Date of News Release: 2/20/2018
Crofton, KY (Christian County) – On Friday February 16, 2018, at approximately 7:20 p.m., Trooper Hunter Carroll conducted a traffic stop on a 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe, after observing the vehicle operating in a reckless manner on the Pennyrile Parkway. During the traffic stop, the operator of the vehicle, Ashley Miller, 29, of Bloomington, Illinois, appeared to be under the influence.
Through further investigation, Trooper Carroll discovered suspected heroin, numerous pills, and an open alcohol container in Ms. Miller’s vehicle. A suspicious check was also located. Trooper Carroll made contact with the owner of the check, and was able to determine Ms. Miller had written the check out to herself without the check owner’s permission.
Ashley Miller was arrested and lodged in the Christian County Detention Center where she was charged with the following:
1. Speeding 15 MPH Over
2. Reckless Driving
4. Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense (heroin)
5. Drug Paraphernalia- Buy/Possess
6. Criminal Possession of Forged Instrument 2nd Degree
7. Possession of Open Alcoholic Beverage Container in Motor Vehicle Prohibited
8. Illegal Possession of Legend Drug
9. Prescription Controlled Substance not in Proper Container 1st Offense