Greenville Man Charged with Drug Trafficking Offenses and DUI
Date of News Release: 12/21/2017
Powderly, KY (Muhlenberg County) The Kentucky State Police has charged a Greenville man with drug-related charges and DUI.
On Monday, December 18th, 2017 at approximately 8:45 P.M., Trooper Justin Cornett observed Michael Eddings, 53, of Greenville, Ky., operating a Black PT Cruiser on Robert L Draper Way in Greenville at a high rate of speed and without rear license illumination. During the traffic stop, Trooper Cornett determined that Mr. Eddings was under the influence of a controlled substance. During a search of the subject’s vehicle, Trooper Cornett located approximately 3.9 ounces of suspected methamphetamine, 3 ounces of marijuana, several pills, and cash.
Michael Eddings was charged with the following offenses:
- Speeding 7 MPH over the limit
- Rear License Not Illiminated
- Drug Paraphernalia – Buy/Possess
- Trafficking in Controlled Substance 1st Degree 1st Offense- Methamphetamine
- Trafficking in Marijuana 1st offense.
- Trafficking in Controlled Substance 1st Degree 1st Offense- Drug Unspecified
- DUI 1st
The Kentucky State Police was assisted on-scene by the Greenville Police Department and the Muhlenberg County Sheriff’s Office.