Greenville Man Arrested After Pursuit
Date of News Release: 7/14/2017
Greenville, KY (Muhlenberg County) – On Wednesday, July 12th, 2017, at approximately 9:45 P.M. Trooper Justin Cornett initiated a traffic stop on Nathan Knight, 45, of Greenville, for a traffic violation. Upon activating his emergency equipment to signal Knight to stop, Knight instead began accelerating his 1997 Black Ford Explorer in an attempt to evade Trooper Cornett.
Knight then crossed the KY 189 Bypass and continued to the entrance of Luzerne Lake, where he left the roadway and continued into a culvert, past the gated entrance of Luzerne Lake.
Knight then exited his vehicle and threw drug paraphernalia into the engine bay of the Ford Explorer before surrendering.
Knight was determined to be operating his motor vehicle under the influence of drugs.
Knight was arrested and lodged in the Muhlenberg County Detention Center on the following charges:
- Failure to or Improper Signal
- Rear License not Illuminated
- Reckless Driving
- Tampering with Physical Evidence
- Fleeing or Evading 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle) Law Enforcement
- License to be in possession
- Driving DUI Suspended License - 1st Offense (AGGRAVATED Circumstance)
- Operating a Motor Vehicle Under Influence of Drugs (AGGRAVATED Circumstance), 2nd Offense
- Drug Paraphernalia Buy/Possess
Trooper Cornett was assisted at the scene by Trooper Rob Austin.