Traffic Stop Leads to Drug Arrest in Pike County
Date of News Release: 06/18/2016
Coal Run, Ky. (June 18, 2016) - Kentucky State Police Post 09 Trooper Johnathan Rouse successfully seized drugs and money during a traffic stop in the Coal Run community of Pike County.
On Thursday, June 16, 2016, Trooper Rouse conducted a traffic stop in the parking lot of the Daniel Boone Motor Inn. Troopers contacted operator Jonathan Wright, 37 of Jeffersonville and passenger Samantha Baker, 34 of Jenkins. Upon further investigation, Trooper Rouse was able to locate and seize a variety of prescription pain medication, methamphetamine, marijuana, and several items of drug paraphernalia. Additionally, Troopers seized $700.00 in cash.
Both occupants were arrested and lodged in the Pike County Detention Center.
Wright was arrested on a Parole Violation Warrant and charged with:
- Operating Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Alcohol/Drugs (Agg Circum) 1st OFF
- Failure to Wear Seat Belt
- Failure of Owner to Maintain Required Ins/Sec, 1st OFF
- Failure to Produce Insurance Card
Baker was charged with the following:
- Traff in Cont Sub, 1st Degree, 1st Off – (> or = 2GMS Methamphetamine)
- Traff in Cont Sub, 3rd Degree, 1st Off – (> or = 120 D.U. Drug Unspec.)
- Traff. In Legend Drugs 1st Offense
- Prescription Cont Sub not Proper Contain 1st Off
The case remains under investigation by Trooper Rouse.