KSP Post 2 January 2015 Activity Report
Date of News Release: 02/02/2015
(Madisonville, KY) - Captain J.W. Gibson, Commander KSP Post 2 Madisonville, reports the following activity for the month of January 2015:
- Arrested 37 Impaired Drivers
- Issued a Total of 1,789 Citations
- Issued 623 Speeding Citations
- Issued 164 Seatbelt Citations
- Issued 11 Child Restraint Citations
- Issued 671 Courtesy Notices
- Investigated 81 Traffic Crashes
- Assisted 163 Stranded Motorists
- Responded to 704 Calls for Service
- Opened 54 Criminal Cases
- Made 220 Criminal Arrests
*There were three fatal crashes that resulted in the loss of four lives reported in the Post 2 District in January 2015:
- A double-fatality crash involving the suspected use of alcohol occurred in Todd County.
- Single-fatality crashes occurred in Caldwell and Hopkins Counties.
- The fatality in Caldwell County involved the suspected use of alcohol.
- Three victims were wearing seatbelts and one victim was not wearing a seatbelt.
Through January 31, 2014, three people had been killed in three fatal crashes in the Post 2 District.
Citizens can contribute to highway safety by reporting erratic drivers to the Kentucky State Police, toll-free, at 1-800-222-5555. Callers may remain anonymous and should give a description of the vehicle, location, direction of travel, and license number if possible.
Throughout the month, troopers from the Madisonville Kentucky State Police Post will conduct traffic safety checkpoints in the Post 2 District. The KSP utilizes traffic safety checkpoints to promote safety for motorists and to provide a deterrent for those who violate laws contained in the Kentucky Revised Statutes.
The intent of a traffic safety checkpoint is to provide a highly visible, public safety service focusing on vehicular equipment deficiencies, confirming appropriate registration and insurance of vehicles, and the valid licensing of drivers. Violations of law or other public safety issues that arise shall be addressed.
For traffic safety checkpoint locations in your area, you may refer to the web site: www.kentuckystatepolice.org/posts/press/post2_checkpoints.html.
Post 2 serves the following counties: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster.
**These statistics are still preliminary as KSP waits for all local law enforcement agencies throughout the state to report any crashes and fatalities that may have occurred in their areas.