Drug Arrest in Knox County
Date of News Release: 01/26/2015
(Scalf, Ky.) - On January 24, 2015 Kentucky State Police, Post 10 Harlan received an anonymous tip that drug activity was taking place at a residence on Hubbard Branch Road in the Scalf community of Knox County. Troopers from post 10 responded to the residence and located the owner of the house. Troopers located 456 pain pills, 149 suboxone strips, syringes, and a large amount of cash. Also located inside the residence was a loaded handgun.
Trooper Chad Gregory arrested Jennifer Mills, 25, of Scalf and Johnny Mills, 43, of Scalf. Both were arrested and lodged in the Knox County Detention Center. Both are charged with the following charges:
- Trafficking Controlled Substance 1st degree – 3 counts
- Trafficking Controlled Substance 3rd degree – 4 counts
- Trafficking Legend Drugs
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st degree
- Possession Controlled Substance not in proper container
Case is still under investigation by Tpr. Chad Gregory. Also assisted at the scene were Tpr. Desmond Brittle, and Tpr. Josh Messer.