Master Trooper Joe Veeneman
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 8, Morehead
Click here to e-mail Master Trooper Joe Veeneman
KSP Post 8 Seeking Telecommunicators
Date of News Release: 06/16/2014
(Morehead, KY) - The Kentucky State Police, in Morehead, is currently seeking applicants for the position of Police Telecommunicator I. This is an important and essential position within the agency. It requires a person that:
- Has excellent communication skills,
- Has the ability to handle very stressful and challenging conditions,
- Can handle flexible work schedules,
- Has the ability to learn and adapt, especially in areas of technology.
KSP telecommunicators provide a lifeline to both citizens in need and officers in the field. They serve to keep law enforcement officers, first responders and the public safe at all times of the day and night.
To apply, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- High school graduate,
- Must have one year of experience in the transmission, receiving and relaying of electronic information for law enforcement, emergency medical, fire, emergency management, military communications, traffic operations or as a multi-line telephone receptionist,
- College will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis,
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony or other crimes pursuant to KRS 15.540.
If you are interested in this position with the Kentucky State Police, Post 8 in Morehead, you may apply at https://careers.ky.gov to be added to the register. If you have any questions, please contact Joyce Waddle, Police Telecommunications Supervisor at 606-784-41274 or email email@example.com.