Pursuit Leads to Felony Arrest
Date of News Release: 06/01/2014
(Bowling Green, KY) - On Sunday, May 31, 2014, Kentucky State Police Post 3 arrested Jerry Hardin (54) of Summer Shade, Kentucky after he was involved in a pursuit that was initially started by the Mammoth Cave Park Rangers. At 5:53 P.M. Mammoth Cave Park Rangers attempted to stop a Ford F150 being operated by Mr. Hardin. Mr Hardin was able to evade the Park Rangers and the pursuit continued through Brownsville and Edmonson County.
At 6:18 P.M. Trooper Jeremy Smith observed Mr. Hardin's vehicle on US 31W just North of Park City, Kentucky. Mr Hardin attempted to elude Trooper Smith before stopping two miles south of Cave City, Kentucky.
Mr. Hardin was arrested and charged with the following charges:
- Speeding 26 MPH or Over
- Reckless Driving
- Disregarding a Stop Sign
- Improper Passing
- Failure to Wear Seatbelt
- Improper Display of Registration Plates
- Possession of Open Alcoholic Beverage Container in Motor Vehicle
- DUI 3rd Aggravated
- Driving DUI Suspended License 1st Off. Aggravated
- Failure to Produce Insurance Card
- Failure to Notify DOT of Address Change
- Failure to Surrender Revoked Operators License
- Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree Police Officer (3 Counts)
- Fleeing and Evading Police 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)
Mr. Hardin was lodged in the Barren County Jail.