TFC Stu Recke
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 2, Nortonville
Click here to e-mail TFC Stu Recke
Rockport Man Arrested On Multiple Charges After Fleeing From Traffic Stop
Date of News Release: 07/15/2014
Greenville, KY (Muhlenberg County) - A Rockport man was arrested on multiple charges after fleeing from a traffic stop.
On Monday, July 14, 2014, at approximately 10:49 p.m., Trooper Jon McGehee conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle operated by Jacob R. Asberry, 22, of Rockport, KY, on Highland Drive in Greenville.
As Trooper McGehee was attempting to arrest Mr. Asberry for driving under the influence, he fled on foot to a nearby wooded area. After a brief foot pursuit, Mr. Asberry was apprehended.
A search of the vehicle Mr. Asberry was operating produced suspected methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. Mr. Asberry was lodged in the Muhlenberg County Detention Center on the following charges:
- Speeding in a Restricted Zone
- Reckless Driving
- Obstructed Vision/Windshield
- Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence 1st Offense
- Resisting Arrest
- Fleeing or Evading Police 2nd Degree - On Foot
- Possession of a Controlled Substance 1st Degree 1st Offense - Meth
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Criminal Mischief 3rd Degree
Trooper McGehee also served several, outstanding bench warrants on Mr. Asberry.
Trooper Jeff McWhorter, Sergeant Nick Rice, the Greenville Police Department, and the Muhlenberg County Sheriff's Department assisted at the scene.