Traffic Stop Leads to DUI/Drug Arrests
Date of News Release: 05/16/2014
Allensville, KY (Todd County) - The Kentucky State Police arrested a Clarksville, TN resident for drug-related offenses.
On Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at approximately 4:31 p.m., KSP Trooper Curtis Crick conducted a traffic stop on KY 102. Upon making contact with the driver, Ronald E. Chester, 58, of Clarksville, TN, Trooper Crick determined that he was under the influence of drugs and was taken into custody. Upon searching the vehicle, Trooper Crick located several types of controlled medication not prescribed to Mr. Chester.
Mr. Chester was charged with the following offenses:
- DUI 1st Offense
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense
- Possession of Controlled Substance 2nd Degree
- Possession of Controlled Substance 3rd Degree
- Prescription Controlled Substance Not In Proper Container 1st Offense
- Failure to Wear Seat Belt
- No Brake Lights
Mr. Chester was lodged in the Todd County Jail.
To anonymously report any type of suspected illegal drug activity, citizens can call the KSP toll-free drug tip hotline, 1-800-DOPE-TIP. The hotline is answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.