Felony Drug Arrest in White Plains, KY
Date of News Release: 03/15/2014
White Plains (Hopkins County) - The Kentucky State Police has arrested a Hanson man on drug-related charges.
On Friday, March 14, 2014, at approximately 10:24 p.m., Trooper Cody Kromer conducted a traffic stop for failure to illuminate rear license plate on KY 813 at Bob Bruce Lane.
The driver, Edward Taylor, 57 of Hanson, KY, was impaired. Through investigation, Trooper Kromer located two pills on Mr.Taylor identified by Poison Control as Oxymorphone as well as a bag of methamphetamine.
Trooper Kromer charged Edward Taylor with the following offenses:
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense - Methamphetamine
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession Controlled Substance 2nd Degree - Drug Unspecified
- Prescription Not In Proper Container
- Rear License Plate Not Illuminated
- Driving Under The Influence 1st Offense
Mr. Taylor was lodged in the Hopkins County Detention Center.
Trooper Kromer was assisted on the scene by Trooper Joseph Bartolotti.
To anonymously report any type of suspected illegal drug activity, citizens can call the KSP toll-free drug tip hotline, 1-800-DOPE-TIP. The hotline is answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.