TFC Stu Recke
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 2, Nortonville
Click here to e-mail TFC Stu Recke
Felony Drug Arrest in Hopkins County
Date of News Release: 03/28/2012
Jewell City (Hopkins County) – Trooper Jon McGehee arrested a Madisonville man on numerous charges after a traffic stop on Island Ford Road in Jewell City.
On Wednesday, March 28, 2012, at approximately 1:27 a.m., Trooper McGehee conducted a traffic stop on a 1994 Oldsmobile operated by Timothy A. Britton, age 42 of Madisonville, KY. After confirming that Mr. Britton did not have a valid operator's license, he was placed under arrest.
At the time of his arrest, Mr. Britton was in possession of suspected methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. A search of the vehicle revealed items used to manufacture methamphetamine. Mr. Britton was lodged in the Hopkins County Jail and charged with the following offenses:
- No Other State Registration Receipt
- Operating on a Suspended License
- Possessing License While Privileges are Suspended
- Possession Controlled Substance 1st Degree 1st Offense - Methamphetamine
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Unlawful Possession of Meth Precursor 1st Offense
- Manufacturing Methamphetamine 1st Offense
- Knowingly Possessing Anhydrous Ammonia with Intent to Manufacture Meth 1st Offense
Trooper Jeff McWhorter, Hopkins County Deputy Sheriff Ryan Bailey, and McLean County Deputy Sheriff Joseph Stratton assisted at the scene.