TPR Lloyd Cochran
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 11, London
Click here to e-mail TPR Lloyd Cochran
Meth Lab Investigation and Arrests in Pulaski County
Date of News Release: 05/05/2012
(LONDON, KY.) –– On Saturday, May 05, 2012 at approximately 2:19 pm the Kentucky State Police, Post 11 London received a report of possible drug activity at a residence on Lakeshore Drive in the Burnside community of Pulaski County.
Upon arrival troopers made contact with the occupants of the residence and through investigation discovered fourteen (14) one step Meth labs, four (4) HCL generators and various items used in the manufacture of Methamphetamine. Also, located in the residence were two (2) children which were taken to the Lake Cumberland Regional Medical Center to be checked out. They were released to the custody of the Cabinet for Families and Children for placement in a safe environment.
Arrested at the scene was:
- Michael Kowell, 36, of Bronston, charged with Manufacturing Methamphetamine 1st offense.
- William Davis, 42, of Somerset, charged with Manufacturing Methamphetamine 1st offense.
- Joseph J. Young, 41, of Burnside, charged with Manufacturing Methamphetamine 1st offense and Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st degree, 1st offense.
- Robin Young, 30, of Burnside, charged on an outstanding warrant from Probation and Parole.
- 17 year old juvenile, taken into custody on a juvenile pickup order.
Responding to the scene was: Trooper Sean Dixon, Detective Doug Boyd, Trooper Ryan Loudermilk, Detective Tracy Haynes and Sergeant Lafe Owens and officers from the KSP Drug Enforcement / Special Investigations East branch.