Trooper Jeffrey Gregory
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 4, Elizabethtown
Click here to e-mail Trooper Jeffrey Gregory
Bigamy Investigation and Arrest
Date of News Release: 08/22/2011
(Elizabethtown, Ky.) -- On August 11, 2011 the Vine Grove Police Department served an arrest warrant on Angela K. Christensen for the offense of Bigamy. The affiant of this arrest warrant was Detective Jeremy Mabe of the Kentucky State Police, Post #4 Elizabethtown. Christensen was most recently married to a Christopher Lee Ferguson on July 10, 2011 in Hardin County, KY. Detective Mabe's investigation revealed that Christensen is also married to a Natale Romanczak of Texas and a Brian Soarling of New York. There is no evidence that Christensen had ever divorced these two individuals, or had reason to believe that she was divorced. Angela Christensen was also married to a Jerry D. Jackson of Pasadena, TX. However, Mr. Jackson was reported deceased as of March 7, of 2011.
According to Kentucky Revised Statute, bigamy is the following:
530.010 Bigamy -- Defense.
- A person is guilty of bigamy when he:
- Purports to marry another person knowing he has a husband or wife or knowing the other person has a husband or wife; or
- Cohabits in this state after a bigamous marriage in another state.
- It shall be a defense to bigamy that the accused believed he was legally eligible to remarry.
- Bigamy is a Class D felony.