TFC Jay Thomas
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 1, Mayfield
Click here to e-mail TFC Jay Thomas
Riot Investigation and Arrest in Mayfield, KY
Date of News Release: 06/23/2007
(Mayfield, KY) - At approximately 2 AM Saturday morning, Mayfield Police Department requested KSP assistance with a large disturbance at 10th and Broadway in Mayfield. Upon KSP arrival, there were 250 to 300 people assembled in the area known as The Place. At that time, KSP riot squad was activated and staged just outside Mayfield. Other agencies that responded were Fulton Police Department, Murray Police Department, Calloway Sheriff's Office, Graves County Sheriff's Office and Mayfield Police Department. The crowd was dispersed and the following people were arrested by KSP.
- Chance Sherrill, age18, of Mayfield was charged with disorderly conduct, inciting a riot and alcohol intoxication.
- William J. Hatcher, age 23, of Mayfield was charged with possession of marijuana.
- William R. Dunbar, age 20, of Mayfield was charged with possession of marijuana,
- Chase T. Shelton, age 23, of Mayfield was charged with disorderly conduct 2nd. , inciting a riot, and resisting arrest.
- Channing O. Dismukes, age 21, of Mayfield was charged with hindering prosecution/apprehension, resisting arrest and alcohol intoxication.
- Brandon I. Cavette, age 20, of Mayfield was charged with possession of marijuana.
- Also a 16 year old juvenile was charged with possession of marijuana and released to a parent.
Graves County Sheriff's Department arrested:
- Randon M. Cavette, age 19, of Mayfield and charged him with disorderly conduct and menacing.
- Josephine House,age 42, of Mayfield was charged with disorderly conduct.
All suspects were lodged in the Graves County Jail.
The investigation is still continuing by Kentucky State Police.