TFC Stu Recke
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 2, Nortonville
Click here to e-mail TFC Stu Recke
Stats From Post 2 For January 2006
Date of News Release: 02/01/2006
For the month of January 2006, Post 2 reports the following activity:
- Arrested 61 Drunken Drivers
- Issued a Total of 1,799 Citations
- Issued 504 Speeding Citations
- Issued 251 Seatbelt Citations
- Issued 18 Child Restraint Citations
- Issued 990 Courtesy Notices
- Investigated 77 Crashes
- Inspected 3,191 Vehicles
- Assisted 187 Stranded Motorists
- Answered 1,190 Criminal Complaints
- Opened 134 Criminal Cases
- Made 197 Criminal Arrests
**There was one (1) fatal crash reported in the Post 2 District in January 2006. One (1) person was killed as a result of the crash. A single fatality occurred in Christian County. The victim was not wearing a helmet.
Through January 31, 2005, one (1) person had been killed in one (1) crash in the Post 2 District.
Citizens can contribute to highway safety by reporting erratic drivers to the Kentucky State Police toll-free at 1-800-222-5555 (in the state of Kentucky only, does not work out of state). Callers will remain anonymous and should give a description of the vehicle, location, direction of travel and license number if possible.
Post 2 serves the following counties: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster.
**These statistics are still preliminary as KSP waits for all local law enforcement agencies throughout the state to report any crashes and fatalities that may have occurred in their areas.