Trooper Shane Jacobs
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 10, Harlan
Click here to e-mail Trooper Shane Jacobs
Post 10 Drug Roundup
Date of News Release: 04/18/2006
(BARBOURVILLE, KY) On 4/18/2006 at 06:30 a.m., Troopers and Detectives from the Kentucky State Police Post 10 Harlan conducted a round up of multiple drug dealers in the Knox County area. This stemmed from a six-month investigation conducted by Detective Mike Taylor of Post 10, using confidential informants to make the drug buys and then obtaining warrants for the drug dealers arrests. The subjects arrested were:
- Mike Asher age 40 of Woolum, Ky. Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 2nd Degree, Trafficking in Marijuana less than 8 oz.
- Paul Asher age 44 of Woolum, Ky. Trafficking in Marijuana less than 8 oz.
- Ina Woolum age 46 of Barbourville, Ky. three counts of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 2nd degree.
- Carson Woolum age 29 of Barbourville, Ky. three counts of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 2nd degree.
- Michael Woolum age 42 of Bimble, Ky. Trafficking in Marijuana less than 8 oz.
- Johnny Carr age 23 of Gray, Ky. Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st degree.
- Dillard Ray Brown age 46 of Bimble, Ky. two counts of Trafficking in Marijuana less than 8 oz.
Other arrests are pending at this time for subjects that were not located during the round up. Assisting with the round up was Kentucky State Police Post 10 Harlan Detective Mark Mefford, Trooper Jay Sowders, Trooper Kelly Farris and Trooper Jeff Anderson. Also assisting with the round up was Trooper Jimmy Young of Kentucky State Police Special Operations with his K-9 unit Jerry Lee. To anonymously report any type of suspected illegal drug activity, citizens can call the KSP toll-free drug tip hotline, 1-800-DOPETIP. The hotline is answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.