Trooper Brad Arterburn
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 5, Campbellsburg
Click here to e-mail Trooper Brad Arterburn
New Castle Elementary School Teacher Arrested
NEW CASTLE, KENTUCKY- On May 2, 2005, Kentucky State Police Detective Mike Viergutz arrested Alyssa L. Fay, age 27 from Louisville, KY. Ms. Fay is a special education teacher with New Castle Elementary School in Henry County. Henry County School officials notified the Kentucky State Police of possible inappropriate actions by Ms. Fay in her classroom and requested that the Kentucky State Police conduct an investigation. Det. Viergutz concluded his nearly month long investigation and after meeting with the Henry County Attorney Virginia Harrod concluded that she would be charged criminally with the following:
- Criminal Abuse 1st - Class C Felony - 5 - 10 years prison.
- Wanton Endangerment 1st - Class D Felony - 1 - 5 years in prison.
- Wanton Endangerment 2nd - Class A Misdemeanor - up to 12 months in jail.
- Unlawful Imprisonment 1st - Class D Felony - 1 - 5 years in prison.
- Unlawful Imprisonment 2nd - Class A Misdemeanor - up to 12 months in jail.
- Endangering The Welfare Of An Incompetent Person - Class A Misdemeanor - up to 12 months in jail. (2 counts)
There are 2 victims in this case and both are juveniles and their personal information cannot be released.
Alyssa L. Fay was lodged in the Carroll County Detention Center.