TFC Stu Recke
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 2, Nortonville
Click here to e-mail TFC Stu Recke
Stats From Post 2 For April 2005
Date of News Release: 05/02/2005
For the month of April 2005, Post 2 reports the following activity:
- Arrested 47 Drunken Drivers
- Issued a Total of 1,654 Citations
- Issued 532 Speeding Citations
- Issued 324 Seatbelt Citations
- Issued 29 Child Restraint Citations
- Issued 831 Courtesy Notices
- Investigated 107 Crashes
- Inspected 2,128 Vehicles
- Assisted 195 Stranded Motorists
- Answered 1,281 Criminal Complaints
- Opened 119 Criminal Cases
- Made 125 Criminal Arrests
There were two (2) fatal crashes reported in the Post 2 District in April 2005. Two (2) people were killed as a result of the crashes. Single fatality crashes occurred in Hopkins and Muhlenberg Counties. One victim was not wearing a seatbelt and the other victim was wearing a seatbelt.
Through April 30, 2005 eleven (11) people have been killed in ten (10) fatal crashes in the Post 2 District. Six (6) victims were not wearing seatbelts, one (1) victim was not wearing a helmet, two (2) victims were wearing a seatbelt and two (2) victims it is not known if a seatbelt was worn.
Through April 30, 2004 there had been eleven (11) fatal crashes resulting in the loss of fourteen (14) lives in the Post 2 District.
Post 2 serves the following counties: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster.
BUCKLE UP KENTUCKY-IT'S THE LAW & IT'S ENFORCED!