TFC Stu Recke
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 2, Nortonville
Click here to e-mail TFC Stu Recke
Stats From Post 2 For February 2005
Date of News Release: 03/01/2005
For the month of February 2005, Post 2 reports the following activity
- Arrested 36 Drunken Drivers
- Issued a Total of 1,664 Citations
- Issued 500 Speeding Citations
- Issued 237 Seatbelt Citations
- Issued 9 Child Restraint Citations
- Issued 773 Courtesy Notices
- Investigated 101 Crashes
- Inspected 1,978 Vehicles
- Assisted 200 Stranded Motorists
- Answered 1,078 Criminal Complaints
- Opened 166 Criminal Cases
- Made 214 Criminal Arrests
There were three (3) fatal crashes reported in the Post 2 District in February 2005. Three (3) people were killed as a result of the crashes. Fatal crashes occurred in Todd, Muhlenberg and Christian Counties. All three victims were not wearing a seatbelt. For the year of 2005, four (4) people have been killed in four (4) fatal crashes in the Post 2 District. All four victims were not wearing a seatbelt.
Through February 28, 2004 there had been two (2) fatal crashes resulting in the loss of two (2) lives in the Post 2 District.
Post 2 serves the following counties: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster.
BUCKLE UP KENTUCKY-IT'S THE LAW & IT'S ENFORCED!