Officer to Represent KSP/CVE in North American Inspectors Championship (NAIC)
Date of News Release: 08/13/2014
(Morehead, KY) -- Officer Jerry Hudson will be representing Kentucky State Police/Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division at the North American Inspectors Championship (NAIC) August 11-15 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This is the second year that Officer Hudson will be competing in this event. It is held in conjunction with the National Truck Driving Competition. Each year, an inspector that is considered to be the best of the best in member jurisdictions is invited to take place in the competition. The contestants will be judged in the following categories:
- North American Standard Level I Inspection;
- North American Standard Level I Inspection Procedures;
- North American Standard HAZMAT/Transportation of Dangerous Goods Inspection;
- North American Standard Cargo Tank/Other Bulk Packagings Inspection;
- North American Standard Level V Passenger Vehicle (Motorcoach) Inspection; and,
- North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria Exam.
Each of these events is timed, and results of each competition are compiled in order to give the award of Grand Champion. There will also be first, second and third place awards given in certain inspection events.
Officer Hudson is a three year veteran of the Kentucky State Police/Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division. He was the recipient of the Officer of the Year Award for Region 5 in 2012.