Officer Steven Douglas
Public Information Officers
Kentucky State Police
CVE Region 4
PO Box 2413
Click here to e-mail Officer Steven Douglas
CVE will be participating in the "Operation Safe Driver" program
Date of News Release: 10/15/2009
(London, Ky.) -- The Kentucky State Police division of Commercial Vehicle Enforcement will be participating in the "Operation Safe Driver" program beginning on October 18, 2009.
Improving highway safety for commercial vehicle operations starts with the driver. Highway crashes related to large trucks account for 12 percent of the total fatal crashes. Focusing more attention on commercial and non-commercial operators will save lives.
This program will be "Increasing Driver Performance through Enforcement and Education" by implementing the following objectives:
- Increasing both commercial and non-commercial enforcement activity.
- Increased safety belt enforcement activities.
- Increased commercial driver roadside inspections and regulatory compliance.
- Implement commercial driver educational and awareness programs.
- Increase awareness to the motoring public about safe operations around commercial motor vehicles.